Part-Time Check & Connect Mentor Job Posting-Park Elementary
Description: Part-time, non-exempt, NOT benefits eligible
Location: Park Elementary school, 1025 N Main, Wichita
The Pando Initiative’s Check & Connect program is a comprehensive intervention designed to enhance student
engagement at school, improve attendance and foster school completion. The mentor is responsible for providing
personalized interventions under the supervision of the Mentor Team Lead for a caseload of K – 5th grade students and
their families to meet student needs. The PT Mentor will work with students in person at school and via virtual platforms
with the Team Lead
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• Requires confidentiality, a strong work ethic, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Reliable, on-time and regular attendance required.
• Reliable form of transportation and insurance required.
Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Must pass all required background checks including Motor Vehicle Report.
Masks are required at all times in the school building.
Compensation: $12.00 per hour
Submit a resume, a letter of interest, and 2 references including contact information via e-mail by to:
Karen Blucher, email@example.com
Essential/Primary Skills Needed and Job Functions
Essential/Primary skills needed and Job Functions:
• Willingness and ability to work with K through 5th graders and their families to build relationships and develop
goals to improve attendance and increase student/family engagement at the school.
• Ability to run small groups and create lesson plans with support of the Team Lead, in person or virtually.
• Willingness to work with parents/guardians of caseload students.
• Ability to motivate students to participate at school by personalizing interventions and targeting strategies to
meet student need.
• Ability to assist students and families to set personal and educational goals-both immediate and future-oriented.
• Ability to help students and families solve and successfully meet the everyday demands of the school
• Ability to work with the team at the school to provide needed supports to the student and family.