Current Job Openings!
Office/Special Event Manager
Date: September 7, 2017
The Office and Special Events Manager is responsible for overseeing office functions to ensure efficient processes are in place and being implemented, including volunteer and donor processing and reports, supplies and organization records. Additionally, this person will have the responsibility of coordinating and managing agency special events, working with the Resource Development Board Committee, and maintaining communication with sponsors, donors, and staff.
This is an exempt full-time position, 35-40 hours/week, eligible for benefits.
Office and Partner/Donor Management 40%
- Prepare and mail daily correspondence, sort and distribute any fax communications. Ensure postage and office supplies are kept on hand for administrative team and site personnel. Coordinate event mailings.
- Maintain grant and main office files. Provide necessary grant attachment support and processing.
- Make sure main office machines fax, copy machine are in working order. Make service calls as necessary.
- Answer incoming phone calls and communicate appropriate agency information.
- Compile and complete agency reports including VSP, Partnership agreements and District MOUs. Present information as needed.
- Generate donor, sponsor, in-kind, and volunteer reports through effective database management.
- Collect all in-kind donations, send letters with valuation form.
- Ensure all cash donations and receivables are processed.
- Complete special event invoicing as well as funder invoices.
- Ensure background checks are completed in a timely manner for employees and volunteers.
Special Events Management 60%
- Organize and coordinate Pando Special Events, including STAR, 100 Men Who Cook and Annual Campaign.
- Provide logistical support for the Special Events subcommittee of the Board Resource Development Committee to implement the strategic plan.
- Mandatory participation in agency special events and fundraising.
- Maintain excellent communication with sponsors, donors, affiliates and staff on all aspects of the events.
Education and Experience
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Google email and Office Suite
- High school diploma required, some college preferred
- Previous office and special event implementation experience is required
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take ownership of a project and follow through to completion
Please forward your resume, cover letter and 2 references to: