Now Hiring for the 2023-24 School Year
Pando is hiring Student Support Advocates (SSA) for the 2023-2024 school year to connect with students to help them thrive in school and life. A successful SSA is persistent, patient, socially aware, and empathetic!
Pando SSAs bring together students, families, and the community to impact lives and walk alongside them to accomplish goals.
What’s SO great about working for Pando:
- The opportunity to create the Pando program that best fits the needs of your school, as well as the ability to find creative ways to impact students,
- PAID winter, spring, and summer breaks based on the district school calendar,
- Additional Paid Time Off (PTO),
- Option to participate in group medical, dental coverage, vision, 403(b) plan,
- Employer-provided life insurance,
- Employer-provided EMPAC services,
- Option to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Positions start end of July 2023
The Student Support Advocate (SSA) provides case management, coordinates services to students and families, and implements programs and activities within the school building based on the specific needs of the students, families, and the particular school. The SSA works with families, school staff, community partners, and volunteers to bring needed services into the school to help students succeed. The SSA is responsible for being a positive role model for students, building positive relationships, and maintaining open communication with parents, the community, and school staff. Coordinates referrals of students and their families to outside agencies for services not provided on-site. The SSA is responsible for meeting deadlines, entering data in the Pando Initiative data management system, and submitting monthly reports as required.
Volunteer With Us
Looking to give just a bit of time? Pando matches mentors, tutors, and other community volunteers with students to provide a supportive, caring adult to empower them to thrive! There are many opportunities to make a difference in a child’s life.